There is nothing like a yummy pizza to eat with the family! Pizza options are low when you are on a low carb or keto meal plan. So I have the perfect solution for you: a low carb pizza casserole.
The kids will love this casserole that is topped with tasty marinara, pepperoni, and lots of cheese. This quick low-carb pizza casserole recipe gives you all the tasty flavors of delicious pizza without the carbs from the crust.
Low-Carb Pizza Casserole Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 8 slices
Low-Carb Pizza Casserole Ingredients
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 6 oz cottage cheese (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce (or your choice of low carb pizza sauce)
Italian seasoning (optional)
- 3 oz pepperoni (or your choice of toppings)
- 16 oz Italian sausage (or your choice of toppings. If you forgo Italian sausage, subtract 192 calories from serving size)
Low-Carb Pizza Casserole Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°.
Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan.
Combine the cream cheese and eggs with an electric mixer. Add the heavy whipping cream, ¼ Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, dried oregano, and minced garlic. Blend again.
Spread 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese across the bottom of the greased baking pan.
Pour combined mixture over the cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Spread pizza sauce over the top.
Add pizza toppings, if desired.
Cover with remaining cheese and Italian seasoning.
Broil on high for a few minutes until top is golden.
Remove from oven and let it sit for a few minutes before cutting.